Top Tips for Organising a Successful Surprise Wedding
Like the idea of a Surprise Wedding for your Guests? Here are some top tips to make it everything you are imagining.
First and most importantly you will need to contact your celebrant to complete the NOIM. (Please see NOIM Blog for more details on completing the NOIM).
Then it’s time to start planning.
- Decide on what event you will use as a cover for your surprise wedding.
- Send out the invitations to this event, making sure you include a draw-card time. This will help to get your guests to your event on time.
- Make sure you discuss your surprise wedding ideas with all your wedding suppliers. Having everyone on the same page will help make for a successful surprise.
- You will require two witnesses to sign the legal documents. It’s always a good idea to give these people a heads up before the event.
- Arrange how you would like to have your Big Reveal. This can be great fun so talk to with your celebrant about different ideas.
- Just because it is a surprise doesn’t mean you can’t incorporate Traditional Elements. Discuss what you want to include with your celebrant and venue.
Surprise weddings are becoming more popular for many reasons but primarily because couples find them more fun, less stressful and less expensive than a traditional wedding.
A wedding no matter how it is acknowledged, is two people joining together in marriage.
So enjoy and celebrate it the way you want.